Here’s a quick demonstration of one way to take your opponent to ground off their jab. It’s a fast technique widely used in Sanshou – Chinese Kickboxing, allowing you to stay on your feet while your opponent has to pick themselves up off the floor.
This technique uses the same circular movements of many Chinese martial arts, whereby technique can overcome force. When executed correctly it takes very little effort on your part and is a great way to score quick points in any Sanshou bout.
Main teaching points:
- Tap your right hand to deflect your opponent’s jab away from your head
- Step in with you front foot
- Left shoulder meets opponent’s left hip
- Both hands grip opponent’s left leg below the knee
- Swing your right leg around behind you (clockwise)
- Pull opponent’s leg in between your own legs whilst dropping your left shoulder down towards the floor
Remember…Practice makes perfect!
Would like to learn more?
Then why not join us in Liverpool Street for our Saturday morning Urban Warrior Training classes.
You can also swing by our facebook page for more information.